Monday, December 7, 2009

Tiger, Tiger, Tiger Or Should I Say Player, Player, Player

It happened again despite the fact that I told myself that I was going to do my best to stay away from this Tiger Wood's mess. I thought my Friday post would somehow be the last post that I would write about Tiger Woods, but unfortunately the greatest golfer of all time's chickens are coming home to roost. I know it is painful to watch a man go through this . . . every time a new woman comes from out of the shadows my flesh crawls as though an old school elementary teacher is making that annoying noise by dragging her chalk against the chalk board.

On Friday, I thought that things were looking pretty good for Tiger and the future of the Tiger Woods' brand. But as always here comes the rain again . . . revealing that El Tigre is a "player," but he should have probably stayed a "golfer." Tiger sets the standard--in the global golf world--he is the best! Yet, at the "player" game he should have took lessons from Mr. Smooth, or Mr. Player or somebody who knows how to play the field or cheat on one's wife because Tiger really mucked the player's course up. I mean on Friday the revelation of Tiger's dirty laundry had increased to three. However, today the body count has allegedly risen geometrically . . . can somebody say "ten" now.

Man, I don't watch the news for a few hours and Tiger's alleged marital indiscretions increase faster than bacterial colonies in an epidemiological lab. Obviously, Tiger should have stayed at Stanford long enough to earn his degree versus dropping out to turn pro-golfer. I mean the most obvious thing about this whole alleged scenario is Tiger's violation or should I say contravention of at least three of the most important player rules--rules that most men usually learn in college or on the streets.

First, and foremost according to one news report, Tiger bedded down a couple of the women at his crib: this is a severe violation of Player Rule No.1 when you are attached or married: Never Take A Woman To Your Crib! Take her to a friend's house, your brother or uncle's crib, but not to your family's safe haven and abode. Tiger also violated Player Rules No.2 & No.3 in tandem: Never Leave Voice Mail Messages on your concubine's phone or answering service, and Never Send Text and/or Email Messages that can be used against you in a court of law or worse played back or displayed on a Hollywood TV Tabloid, newspaper or magazine.

Don't get me wrong here, I am in no way condoning or lionizing Tiger for his indiscretions--far from it. I feel bad for Tiger because he had what appeared to be a life that was close to perfect or at the very least a dream. I feel bad for Tiger because how quickly one can fall from the mountain's pinnacle if one allows bad judgment and irrational thoughts to cloud one's judgment. Now with the alleged slippery slope that Tiger has created by allegedly paying Mistress #1 hush money, and whispers that the line for payoffs is getting longer--Tiger's bank account may get just a tad bit lighter too, and his wallet may be getting a tad bit thinner as well, as I am sure that his endorsement deals may be a bit more threatened than they were on Friday. I waon't go into the gigantic sum that Big Tiger may have to pay out to his wife, Elin Nordegren.

Indeed, the future of his marriage is even more threatened now that Tiger has moved up the indiscretion index from the painfully bearable trifecta to double-digit scoring in the infidelity column.

No comments:

Post a Comment