Friday, December 4, 2009

Please Tell Tiger Woods That "Hell Hath No Fury Like A Wife Scorned!"

Man, can you guys believe the mess that Tiger Woods has managed to make for himself? I am hella tired of hearing about his marital infidelity, and indiscretions already.

Honestly, I'll never understand why people place athletes, entertainers . . . well, just people on pedestals--after all, we are all human, imperfect and subject to fall from time to time.

The flesh is weak . . . can I get an amen.

Anyway, this stuff is spreading like wildfire too . . . I mean every time I watch a different news outlet there is either new information or a totally different report. Last night the common refrain throughout news land was Tiger and his wife, Elin Nordegren, were receiving marital counseling on yesterday. At that time, I said to myself, "self that is a good move by Tiger at least where it concerns his family."

However, not even 24-hours later, I heard a report this morning that Elin can expect to receive about $300 million in a divorce settlement should she decide to call it quits. But, she'll probably settle for the $55 million that she'll get after the prenuptial agreement that she signed back in the day is modified due to Tiger's marital indiscretions.

But $300 million player--honestly, other than the kids is there really any other reason for Elin not to walk away with the biggest divorce settlement of all time (I hear James Brown's the Big Payback in my mind as I write this). Side Bar: I am not one of those guys who believes that a man is still in love with his wife after an almost three-year sexual tryst with another woman. One time maybe, but encounter after sexual encounter, after . . . well, you get the point.

All I can say is: "Tiger, Tiger, Tiger we thought thee smarter than this."

One closing question: what do you think about Tiger Wood's marital fiasco?

No comments:

Post a Comment